Read feedback on my work from selected clients and collaborators here.
My clients typically come from diverse disciplines--academia, local and regional government, and non-profit and Indigenous organizations. What they tend to share is a commitment to presenting their work with style and precision, and working toward a kinder and more sustainable world.
I''m especially honoured to work for organizations that empower Indigenous peoples, and to assist people who are working and achieving in English as a second language. Diversity makes us stronger.
Some organizations I've edited, written, and researched for/with:
- Paragon Testing Enterprises (a subsidiary of UBC and Canada's leader in English-language testing): edit language competency assessment materials
- Marine Plan Partnership for the North Pacific Coast (co-led process between 17 First Nations and the Government of the Province of British Columbia that developed and is implementing plans for marine uses on B.C.’s North Pacific Coast): write newsletter content
- UBC Office of the Vice President Research and International: edit proposals for Canada Foundation for Innovation fund research
- One Earth Society: cowrite (with Vanessa Timmer and Rosemary Cooper) 140+page report for the Urban Sustainability Directors' Network offering recommendations to local government on the Sharing Economy
- Coast Economic Development Society / Coast Conservation Endowment Fund Foundation (not-for-profit organization that funds First Nations conservation and economic development projects in Great Bear Rainforest): edit 2016 annual report, manage website and newsletter, write/photograph project profiles
- Dr. Sean Markey et al.: copyedit manuscript for Doing Community-Based Research (McGill-Queens's University Press, 2016)
- Centre for Sustainable Community Development (SFU): white paper on metropolitan governance and related materials to support an ongoing project in Mexico; write/edit proposals Dr. Mark Roseland: structural editing, research coordination, copyediting, promotion campaign of book Toward Sustainable Communities (New Society Press, 2012)
- Dr. Gretchen Ferguson: PhD edit; proposal editing; cowrite 2015 Western Geographer piece on evaluation of sustainable development in indigenous communities in Bolivia
- Les Services Clavier (translation firm): revise translations; craft media strategy
- Fraser Valley Community to Community Forum (organization that brings together five First Nations and two local governments for meetings 4x annually): coordinate meetings and correspondence, liaise with higher levels of government, write grant applications, create agendas and minutes
- The District of Kent: research and writing support for planning and bylaw development
- Vernacular Design (North Vancouver architecture firm): research, write, curate images for white paper on laneway revitalization for social, economic, and environmental purposes
- Social Planning & Research Council of BC: proposal writing
....PLUS numerous students, academics, and professionals with resumes, applications, and thesis edits; Northword Magazine; TheTyee.ca; Vancouver Sun; CBC Radio (BC Almanac, Daybreak North); Province of BC environment and sustainable resource management ministries; Canadian Cancer Society; BC Hepatitis C Council of BC; Northern BC Tourism Association; Footprint Environmental Services; Bulkley Valley Research Centre; Pacific AIDS Network; Positive Living North West; arts organizations; activists